Tuesday, September 20, 2016

that far right eye...

Well, I know how hard it is to draw the far right eye on a model when you can just barely see it. Next time I'll be sure to adjust my seat to the right for a profile or the left, so I can really see the eye. However, I got so caught up in the lovely shape of the model's hair that I just started drawing. I'm actually happy with it and although the hair may look unfinished, I chose to leave it, and the shirt, this way and I consider this portrait study finished. : )
11x14" watercolour painting
Well, you'd think I'd learn my lesson and shift a bit... but this time I was caught up in the red shirt. I'm happy with this one too and I believe I got the far right eye in proportion. Still, a very frustrating angle...
This time I got rid of the white on the face, starting with a pink and grey wash, let it dry, then focused on the features. : )
9x12" watercolour painting

2 comments: