Monday, September 05, 2016

Don Valley Art Club Portrait

Another 25 minute portrait from Sunday's painting session. It's so difficult to paint the shadow of a woman's face without making it too grey, or dull...
...or in this case, too blue... I took the blue down once I was at home however, with watercolour, I can't get rid of it completely. So I added a bit of blue to her cheek to balance it out. Also, I added a bit of white gouache for the highlights on her glasses. Very happy with how I handled her blue striped shirt though. : )
11x14"watercolour painting

2 comments:

  1. I love the way you handled her striped shirt - glad you mentioned it. I love this portrait. You have captured real expression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment. : )

      Delete